“GOOD COMMUNICATION IS THE BRIDGE BETWEEN CONFUSION AND CLARITY”
Dr. Elisabeth Slaten has helped numerous people find their voice and clearly and powerfully communicate. As Voice and Presentation Coach, she uses her 17 years of experience in vocal production and stage presence, as well as a deep understanding of English language diction, to help her clients develop the ability to speak and present with clarity, presence, and confidence in any scenario.
Dr. Slaten is known for her holistic approach to working with clients. According to a study by Albert Mehrabian only 7% of effective communication is a result of the words chosen, leaving 93% of all communication to HOW they are communicated (link to her blogpost on this topic here). The human voice is powerful and unique, and the body is intricately connected to how the voice is produced. With a background in opera performance and teaching, Dr. Slaten is in a particularly unique position to instruct her clients how to use their voice, their breath, their words and sounds, their body and carriage to effectively and authentically communicate. She is a specialist in teaching English Language Diction, and enjoys working with clients whose native language is not English. Sessions with her include warm up exercises, diction help where needed, breathing techniques for speaking, and coaching over your presentation, sales pitch, or speech. She seeks to provide quantifiable improvements that help her clients level up in every situation they are required to communicate.
University of Georgia, 2015, DMA in Voice
Johns Hopkins University 2012, MM Voice & Pedagogy
Mercer University, 2010, BM in Voice
Vocal quality enhancement
Vocal sound enhancement
Breath techniques for speech
English language diction
For inquiries about working together and pricing, please reach out through the contact form. Please indicate whether you would prefer an email, phone call, or text response.